Head of the Unit: PhD Noa B. Martín Cofreces
PhD Molecular Biology
Technical manager: Francisca Molina Jiménez
Department of Immunology
Hospital Universitario de la Princesa
28006 Madrid, Spain
Telephone +34 915202334
Fax +34 915202374
The Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Princesa (IP)’s department of high-resolution video microscopy offers the infrastructure and scientific and technical advice needed to conduct wide-field and confocal fluorescence microscopy studies with special emphasis on observing dynamic phenomena in living cells.
We currently have the following equipment:
- Fluorescence microscope with digital image acquisition system. It has dry and oil immersion objectives (63x and 100x) and filters for DAPI/CMAC, FITC/GFP, CFP, YFP, DsRed and Rodamina visualisation.
- Multidimensional microscopy station. Allows the rapid acquisition of fluorescence images in living cells. It is equipped with RGB, CFP/YFP and far-red filters, incubator with CO2 and temperature control and motorised plate. It also has image deconvolution software.
- Leica SP5 confocal microscope, equipped with resonant scanner, incubation chamber with CO2 and O2 control, and excitation at 405, 488, 561 and 633 nm. –
- Olympus Mitico IX83 TIRF Light Microscope, equipped with Hamamatsu CCD camera, incubator with CO2 control and excitation at 488 and 561 nm.
- User training in handling the Unit’s equipment.
- Advice on sample preparation, experiment design and fluorescent probes, etc.
- Morphometric analysis of cell cultures. Quantification of cytological parameters based on fluorescence intensity measurements.
- Three-dimensional reconstructions. Deconvolution.
- Confocal video microscopy, wide field or TIRF, according to the requirements of cell velocity and viability.
- FRAP and FRET.
|Service||Internal rate||External academic rate||External business rate|
|Fluorescence microscope||€ 1/hr||€ 70/hr||€ 90/hr|
|Multidimensional||€ 5/hr||€ 150/hr||€ 200/hr|
|Confocal / TIRF||€ 5/hr||€ 150/hr||€ 200/hr|